Marlies Hobbs, Franchise Woman of the Year 2015, was the keynote speaker at the FCA Women In Franchising High Tea in Sydney last week.
Since opening the first Paleo Cafe in Cairns Hobbs has grown the franchise network to 10 outlets. Paleo Caf_ has one outlet in New Zealand and is set to hit European shores this year under a master franchisee in Germany.
Hobbs has entered into a joint venture with high profile chef Pete Evans to produce a ready-meal range, Healthy Everyday. There are six meals in the initial range which is available in selected Paleo Cafes and will be launched as a home delivery service in July.
At the High Tea at the Moore Park Golf Club, Hobbs shared her story on becoming an entrepreneur, dealing with the challenges of franchising, and offered some inspirational thoughts on optimum performance.
5 tips for success
- Put your best self forward
- Understand in your heart what and why you are doing what you do. It gives you the gusto to keep going
- There is no pride or self-confidence to be gained if everything is easily achieved
- Successful people take action when faced with challenges
- Life is happening for you, not to you